“If you really fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well.” James 2:8, ESV
In several passages of scripture, we find the command to love others as we love ourselves. How are you loving you? Are you patient with yourself? Merciful toward yourself? Do you encourage yourself? How you love yourself is how you will love others.
1. Pause for a moment and wrap your arms around yourself giving yourself the biggest hug.
2. Name three things you love about how God made you.
3. Spend time today doing something you enjoy. ie gardening, bike riding, painting, etc.
4. When you make a mistake, tell yourself, “Its ok. I’ll do better next time.”
5. Turn on your favorite music, light some candles and take a warm bubble bath.
Prayer: Father God, thank You for speaking directly to my heart. Teach me how to love me. I can’t love anyone unless I first learn how to love myself. Teach me. Help me. In Jesus’ name.