“As it is written: “I have made you a father of many nations.” He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed–the God who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that were not” Romans 4:17, NIV.
One night while helping my son with his homework, he was not doing well at grasping the concepts. I tried everything to help him understand, but he was saying all the wrongs answers. Feeling frustrated, I felt myself about to call him stupid. Then Holy Spirit arrested my tongue and said, “Don’t you call him that!” So I said, “You are smart and you can learn!” I told him to speak it out loud. He shouted, “I am smart and I can learn!” It took a lot of encouragement and hard work, but he became a straight A student. He became what I called him. Praise God!
In the heat of the moment, Satan tempts us to say what we see, but God will arrest our tongue and say, “Don’t you call it that!” He wants us to not live in fear, but in faith. No matter how frustrated you may feel right now. No matter how tempted you are to say what you see in the natural, prophesy to those around you. Prophesy to your bank account. Prophesy to your pantry. Prophesy to the empty pews in your sanctuary. Speak over everything that appears slow and unresponsive, empty and desolate, and call those things that be not as though they were.
Prayer: Father God, Arrest my tongue. Bridle it. Help me to walk by faith and not by sight. Strengthen me Lord and help me to stay in faith as your words take shape and form. I yield to you Lord and choose to say what you’re telling me to say. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
(Read 2 Corinthians 5:7; Ephesians 4:29)
16 thoughts on “Prophesy over it!”
Thank you God for your devotions and teaching me what to say and the time that need words of encouragement to lift people around me and myself that we can learn more with God’s help a Amen
That’s exactly what I needed, Thank you Jesus.
Thank you Father for convicting my heart. Forgive me for all the destruction ive done with my tongue. I thank you for your forgiveness. In Jesus’s name
PRAISE GOD! THIS MORNING I WAS SITTING HERE TALKING WITH THE FATHER….AT 9:30AM I GO TO TAKE A PRETEST FOR MY GED.LADIES I AM 43YRS OLD.ALL MY LIFE IVE ALWAYS FELT LIKE I WAS NOT SMART.SCHOOL WAS DIFFICULT FOR ME.AND I COULD NEVER OPEN UP TO ANYONE TO TELL THEM OF THE TROUBLE I HAD IN SCHOOL.AS I REACHED MY TEEN YRS I GAVE UP.STARTED RUNNING AWAY BEING REBELLIOUS.NOW THAT IM IN MY AGE MY HEART DESIRES TO DO BETTER.IN PRISON I TOOK MY GED 3 TIMES AND FAILED..I SAID TO MYSELF I GUESS YOULL ALWAYS BE STUPID….BUT NOW THAT IM IN MY AGE AND I SERVE A GREAT MIGHTY GOD MY HEART DESIRES TO BE SO MUCH MORE..MY FATHER HAS SHOWED ME THROUGH HIM NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE…THE ENEMY HAS DONE ALL HE CAN TO BRING STUMBLING BLOCKS MY WAY..,BUT IN JESUS NAME THOSE BLOCKS SHALL CRUMBLE….AM I NERVOUS?OF COURSE AND THATS BECAUSE ITS ONLY A PRETEST…PRAISE GOD HE HAS GIVEN ME THE DERTMINATION I NEEDED ALL THESE YRS.MY SELF ESTEEM ABOUT MYSELF HAS GROWN INTO A POSITIVE.AND EVEN THOUGH IT TOOK ME THIS LONG, ALL THE NEGATIVE THAT WAS IN MY LIFE HAS TURNED INTO A POSITIVE..GOD IS GOOD AND WANTS SO MUCH MORE FOR US..DONT EVER THINK OR FEEL THAT U CANT…THE ENEMY IS A LIAR AND THROUGH OUR FATHER WE CAN DO ALL THINGS..IT MAKE TAKE YRS OR IT MAY HAPPEN QUICKLY…BUT SPEAK IT FORTH IN THE NAME OF JESUS!!!GOD BLESS U DOTK AND YOUR FAMILIES!!
Glory to God what a testimony I’m praying for you, that test is yours God is going to make a way. Blessings to you!
I AM healed! I AM healed. In Jesus name!
Having a Faith That Responds
“Faith is . . . the conviction of things not seen” (Heb. 11:1).
True faith goes beyond assurance to action.
When the writer said, “Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen”, he used two parallel and almost identical phrases to define faith.
We’ve seen that faith is the assurance that all God’s promises will come to pass in His time. “The conviction of things not seen” takes the same truth a step further by implying a response to what we believe and are assured of.
James addressed the issue this way: “Someone may well say, ‘You have faith, and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.’. . . But are you willing to recognize . . . that faith without works is useless? . . . For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead” (James 2:18, 26). In other words, a non-responsive faith is no faith at all.
Noah had a responsive faith. He had never seen rain because rain didn’t exist prior to the Flood. Perhaps he knew nothing about building a ship. Still, he followed God’s instructions and endured 120 years of hard work and ridicule because he believed God was telling the truth. His work was a testimony to that belief.
Moses considered “the reproach of Christ [Messiah] greater riches than the treasures of Egypt; for he was looking to the reward” (Heb. 11:26). Messiah wouldn’t come to earth for another 1,400 years, but Moses forsook the wealth and benefits of Egypt to pursue the messianic hope.
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, when faced with a life- threatening choice, chose to act on their faith in God, whom they couldn’t see, rather than bow to Nebuchadnezzar, whom they could see all too well (Dan. 3). Even if it meant physical death, they wouldn’t compromise their beliefs.
I pray that the choices you make today will show you are a person of strong faith and convictions.
Suggestions for Prayer
Ask God to increase and strengthen your faith through the events of this day.
Look for specific opportunities to trust Him more fully.
For Further Study
Read Daniel 3:1-20. How was the faith of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego tested?
Let it so be my Jesus. Help us to honor you with our words.
Proverbs 18:21 The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.
Father I thank you for a renewed mind to embrace,shape and call forth into being, the things I desire to see, as though they are already in existence.
This devotion was right on time, I wrote out all the bills I have to pay this week and after I finished I wrote increase, because that’s what I believing my Father to do. Forgive me Lord for the times I let the enemy win by speaking words that hurtful and spending foolishly, help me be obedient.
You always must have faith
HOPE THIS BLESSES!
1. Put on your priestly garments. The priestly dimension must return to prophetic people. Prophetic people must put on their priestly garments and spend quality time in the presence of God, understanding their responsibility to minister to God and then to His people. Worshipping God for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. Worship is the doorway to receiving the revelation from God. The apostle John paints a prophetic picture of the lifestyle of a prophetic minister (John 21:20
). This verse shows how we must lay our head on the breast of Jesus and listen to the rhythm of His heartbeat being filled with the breath of God. We, in turn, breathe onto others the breath and life received from encountering the Creator. We must develop relationship and fellowship with the God who knows everything about everything.
2. All of the Lord’s words, no matter in what form we hear them, must be quickened and revealed by the Holy Spirit. Quicken means “adding life to ordinary words.” The Greek word for quicken means “to make alive and give life by spiritual power to arouse and invigorate.” The word Jesus speaks has life and vitality. Other words are just dead language. The message can come in a variety of ways—flashes of pictures, Scripture verses, sentence fragments or impressions.
3. Activate faith to operate in the gift of prophecy much as you activated your faith to receive the gift of salvation. You prophesy according to the portion of your faith. The word proportion refers to a ratio. You can have faith to prophesy to one person or faith to prophesy to 100 people. It’s all based on the proportion of your faith. The apostle Paul challenged Timothy to stir up (rekindle and arouse from dormancy) the gift that was given to him (2 Tim. 1:6
4. Ask, seek, and knock (Matt. 7:7
–11). We can ask God for a prophetic word. Many are afraid to initiate conversation with the heavenly Father because of fear of deception or demonic interference. Notice Jesus states that if you ask the Father for gifts, He will not give you something contrary to what you ask. God our Father, who is so in love with human beings, loves to hear the sound of a human voice asking and inquiring of Him. Jeremiah 33:3 says, “Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.” Mighty comes from the Greek word batsar, which means “secrets, mysteries, inaccessible things.”
5. God will immediately speak something to bless the body. God’s first command was to bring light to chaos (Gen. 1:3
). God speaks as a means to bring life and order. Since the moon and sun were not created until the fourth day, the light is the presence of illumination in general. Prophetic ministers should speak the light to every dark situation.
6. Focus is the key. Look in the spirit. Ask yourself, “What do I see, feel or have a knowing about the situation?” God speaks through your spirit. It sounds like you. (See Isaiah 21:3–4.)
7. God will quicken one sentence, word, picture or thought to your spirit. Then you must exercise your faith to release the revelation given. It is like a piece of string on a sweater. Give it one pull, and let the words flow. Open your mouth wide, and God will fill it (Ps. 81:10). The Holy Spirit will not move your mouth or override your will. You must give voice to what He is speaking.
8. Manifestation of the spirit is given to every man. Manifestation means “to see and behold, to gaze by voluntary observation.” It is to inspect, to appear, to discern, to clearly see, to experience, to perceive, to uncover, to lay bear, to reveal. It is also to open to sight, signifying shining. (See 1 Corinthians 12:7.)
9. The end result of prophecy is to find a way to put honor and glory back on mankind and restore what we lost in the garden: relationship to the Father. Everyone wants his or her crown of glory and honor. People are made for validation, celebration and appreciation.
“What is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of [earthborn] man that You care for him? Yet You have made him but a little lower than God [or heavenly beings], and You have crowned him with glory and honor” (Ps. 8:4
10. Prophecy releases the power of God, but don’t let that be the center of attention. The focus is the heart of God being rightly communicated (1 Sam. 2:35
11. God will give you a signal in your spirit to what He is about to do. I call them feelers. You will know when to look, listen and release.
12. God does not just manifest words; He manifests Himself, so do not quench your emotions. Recognize His thoughts in your mind. We must focus. We have the mind of Christ (1 Cor. 2:16
13. Recognize the voice of the Lord. God drops things into your spirit, and they manifest on the screen of the spirit called the imagination. Because the Lord speaks through your human spirit, the voice sounds like your voice. It’s not normally an outside voice, but the Lord will quicken words to your human spirit, and the voice sounds like you. God speaks through your personality.
God will add life to ordinary words, experiences and things that you can relate to. Jesus said, “It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life” (John 6:63
). Words that are given by the Holy Spirit give life to what would otherwise be dead language
Father God, please arrest my mouth and make me speak what, I desire and need to say over any given situation that is going on in my life. I need my spiritual life, walk and the way I that handle things to change. My bank account, where I live and the people around me to be who and what you know that it needs to be for me in Jesus precious name. I need you Father God to bring my mind, life and your spirit to bring me into prophetic alignment, so that what I speak will become sweet to Your ears God.
Lord God help my faith to grow more and more and be like the Apostle John resting on You taking all that one needed in life in its fullness Amen
What a word for this season!
Lord, help me to bless & not curse; & to speak the truth in love ❤️; encouraging myself & others. Help me to always keep it positive. Thank You, Dear Lord. In Jesus Precious Name, Amen 🙏🏾
Thank God I will think twice before I speak evil. Greater is he tht is in me.