“Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth” 2 Timothy 2:15, NKJV.
It is important that our prayer life, our responses, our words, and thought life become saturated with God’s Words found in the Bible. When a friend or family member comes to us with an issue, do we tell them what we think? Or do we direct them to what the Lord says in the Bible? Each day, make it a daily habit to spend time in the Word of God.
There are several rewards for giving God’s Word our full and undivided attention. It will:
- Convert our soul and make us wise (see Psalm 19:7)
- Enlighten our darkness or ignorance (see Psalm 18:28)
- Nourish us and help us grow spiritually (see 1 Peter 2:2)
- Guide us through life (see Psalm 119:105)
- Help purify our hearts (see Hebrews 4:12)
- Minister life to us and to those around us (see John 6:63)
- Help us become more like Jesus (see 2 Corinthians 3:18)
- Renew our minds and change our thinking (see Romans 12:2)
- Teach us how to live right (see 2 Timothy 3:16)
- Equip us to fulfill God’s purpose for our lives (see 2 Timothy 3:17)
- And the list goes on…
The life we desire to live is found in a deeper relationship with God’s Word. One that goes from simply knowing what the Bible says to applying it in our lives. Let it become our bottom-line that settles every issue in our hearts and minds.
Prayer: Father God, I thank you for giving me wisdom, knowledge and understanding of your Word. I pray you deepen my relationship with Your Word and cause it to change my life and the lives of those around me. In Jesus name, Amen.
- (Read Psalms 119)